Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco books to read in May

Today is Cinco De Mayo - the 5th of May. On the fifth day of this the 5th month, the U.S. celebrates Mexican culture and pride. Mainly by eating chalupas and downing margaritas. 

I'll be making a Mexican fritatta.

Yesterday's post revealed my plan to make well over 5 fritattas this month in my mad experiment to master a new dish. Yes, I know, my life is that exciting.  Just wait until I drop some hot sauce or some pablano peppers in this eggy bad boy - then we'll be living on the edge!  It's all in how you look at it.

That last statement was profoud, if I do say so myself.



Another post will cover my Cinco De Mayo South of the Border fritatta.  This post outlines the 5 books I'm aiming to read this 5th month of May. Yes, I know, my life is that exciting. But I might just read one of them on the beach now that the weather is warming. See, now you're jealous.

My May Reading List:

  1. Jane Austin Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo
  2. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
  3. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Allen
  4. A Meal with Jesus by Tim Chester
  5. How to Cook Without a Book by Pam Anderson   

Do you sense a theme here?  #1 is an e-book I started but didn't finish yet. I began #3 on the plane last weekend to Atlanta - a friend gave it to me thinking I'd like it. So far so good. And I got #5 from the library. I tend to read more than one book at a time.

What you are reading now?  Got any plans for Cinco De Mayo?

7 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    You are going to LOVE The Peach Keeper. I read it in one sitting -- granted I was up until 3 in the morning. Now off to look up the other books on your list.
    --SueBE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's encouraging to hear, SueBE. Isn't the cover beautiful? And I want to go have a cup of coffee at Willa's sporting goods store & cafe. And ask what how I take my coffee says about me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny ~ I popped over here to read your blog and find that we've both got books on the brain today : ) I wrote a post today about the books I'm reading right now (http://teamcason.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-good-for-you-heart-and-soul.html) Okay, now I'm curious. I'm going to have to check out The Peach Keeper.

    Oh, yes, I am jealous!! I would love to be able to head to the beach, sit a while, and read. Enjoy it for the both of us, okay?

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 05, 2011

    I found a Top Ten Tuesday list on MaryBeth Whalen's blog of March 29th and just this week I checked out The Four Ms. Bradwells by Meg Waite Clayton and the Peach Keeper. This week I'm reading a duo by Sara Evans/Rachel Hauck, The Sweet By and By and sequel Softly and Tenderly. Unbeknownst to me, I was surprised to read about a rural community nearby where my relatives lived. It's weird to read about cafe's, parks, stores, schools, etc. that I'm familiar with.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading an awesome book called "It's No Secret", !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Sarah's Key by Tatiana deRosnay. I get so excited when I hear about a good book I order them from the library- and then, end up with all of them coming in at once. Right now I have The Inheritance of Beauty by Nicole Seitz and The Watershed Year By Susan Schoenberger & can't decide which to read first. That would be in addition to It's No Secret..... Fun Fun Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, I have Nicole's Inheritance book too - love that cover.

    Elle, of course I also have Its No Secret and love it's cover! (Wink)

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.