Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Priceless

Did you read yesterday's P31 devotion?  The one about the Russian girl?

Be honest, did you really read it or did you skip/skim past it once you saw that subject matter? If so, I want to challenge you to go back and read it. Then follow the link from it to the She Read's site and read the first chapter of the novel Priceless.  And if you enjoy it at all, get the book and finish it.

I'm not challenging you to do this to promote Proverbs 31's devotions, or our She Reads site, or author Tom Davis' novel.  I'm challenging you to do this because I want you to have more than just a heart for God.  I want you to have God's heart. 

And as unpleasant as it seems to us to think about, His heart sees young women trapped in the sex trade as priceless.

Once you reach the She Read's site you can comment to enter to win several giveaways this week including gourmet chocolate, micro-roasted coffee, and copies of Tom's novel. How's that for motivation?

Thankful for people who care for the downtrodden.

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 07, 2010

    The chocolate is definitely motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 07, 2010

    I read it! And I will try to read the first chapter of the book.

    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a horrible reality, that is there. How can you not have compassion on these, and yes this breaks my heart. Would love the opportunity to read more. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for people like you who are fighting for those who don't have a voice. Keep up the good work Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how moved I am by this book. After your post yesterday I downloaded Priceless and am so emotional about this. I followed the trail to Tom's HopeChest site. Several years ago we were in an arduous adoption process in Kostroma. We were caught in the no-man's land when Russia closed all foreign adoptions. Anyway, very long story short I am so comforted to know Hope Chest works to spread God's light to the precious children of Kostroma, and elsewhere. God is stirring my heart again and I know our story with this precious boy in Russia is not over. If nothing else, he is a very prayed for child.

    Sorry to sidetrack, but your post really hit home.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.