Monday, March 15, 2010

Devotional Carnival - PLEASING GOD

Welcome writers and readers. Last month's devotional carnival was so much fun; we're doing it again this month. I've been working on a new speaking topic about pleasing God, stemming from my study of Jonah at the beginning of the year. I think Jonah thought he knew a lot about what pleases God. I think God thought Jonah had a thing or two yet to learn!

I'm certain I have a thing or two yet to learn about what pleases God, so I'm looking forward to reading YOUR devotional thoughts on the matter.

To participate, post your devotion on your blog today, including a note with link back here that you're participating in this month's devotional carnival. Then come and click on the green "Mr. Linky You're Next" graphic below. A box will open for you to type in your name (or blog name, or devotion title) and the URL to your blog post. Make sure you are entering the link to your specific devotion post and not just your general blog address. Mr. Linky does the rest.

*Clicking on the green linky text below is also how you'll find the links to read others' devotions if you just want to read today. If you're reading, I hope you'll leave some comments to encourage these writers.



Once you're done linking, leave a comment if you want to be entered to win the Starbucks gift card. And enjoy the others' submissions as you cruise around the links sipping your coffee, tea, or whatever while learning to please God. I'll be sipping on a bottle of light green Borba lychee fruit water. I have no idea if that pleases God or not, but I sure hope it does me.

Thankful for clean drinking water and the pure Word of God.

23 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading the other devotionals! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of pleasing God shouldn't have been thought-provoking - it should be as easy as breathing - yet it was. It feels as if those two words may be the start of a LONG pilgrimage. Thanks for the challenge, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    Thanks for spurring us on!
    Love ya,
    Momma Lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Rachel! I am looking forward to coming back later today and reading the devotions! Thank you!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. TRUST and OBEY.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for inviting us today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting another Devotional Carnival! God's blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post Rachel and Thanking God for you doing so...I am blessed the first thing Monday morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to being inspired by the other devotionals today!! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoying reading all the entries so far today, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for doing the devotional carnival again. It was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to reading the devotions and hearing God's message to me in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the different perspectives on this topic!!

    Thanks for hosting!! Looking forward to more devo carnivals!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting this devotional carnival! This is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me just say, I have honestly and thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's devotions today!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea- I am enjoying reading the thoughts of others on this topic as well as yours! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, I'm linked in and really enjoyed taking the time to blog about what is "Pleasing to God".
    At first I thought it would be easy, but there were so many things I wanted to write about. Thank you for stirring my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Rachel! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel,
    Thank you for giving us the opportunity to first search our own heart, and then to share it with others. To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've really enjoyed being able to peek at other people's blogs and getting a peek into their hearts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachel! I am new to this "Devotional Carnival thingy". I was wondering if today (Tuesday) I can still link up to your blog with a post that I do today on "Pleasing God"? Is it too late since I didn't do it yesterday? I just found your post from being on Lysa's blog.

    LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sure, LeeAnn (and others), you can still link up. I'd love it!

    Only I can't enter you for the drawing because I've already drawn the winner (to be announced tomorrow) for the Starbucks card.

    I'll do this carnival each month around the 15th, so join me again next month too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Rachel! After leaving you this message asking if I could still post a devotional and link up, I had to leave home and didn't get back until this evening.

    It doesn't matter to me that I am not in the drawing. I hope to get my "Pleasing God" post up tonight and then I'll link up with your blog.

    Thanks Rachel!

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've added my Pleasing God post Rachel. I'm enjoying reading all of the other posts.

    Thanks for doing this.

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.