Monday, November 30, 2009

Wine into Water

On the heels of my last post, I came across this article today about a barkeep who partnered with Samaritan's Purse to meet people's needs for clean water.

Jesus turned water into wine to serve some wedding guests, this guy is turning wine into water to serve thirsty third world countries. I think that's pretty cool.

May I be so bold as to ask, what are you doing to serve others?

It's a rhetorical question asked in love, so no need to answer or feel guilty. Just take it in as fuel for inspiration - that's what I'm doing with it.

2 comments:

  1. Not enough, but I will say that I am slowly stepping out of my comfort zone. And what I have done has left me feeling very blessed and wanting to serve more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this article too and it started my gerbil wheel of a mind spinning.
    Our pastor's message yesterday was about "what is it that we glorify?" For me the article and this message go hand in hand. It brings to mind

    Matthew 6:21 NIV

    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

    The things that concern/comsume us the most are the things that we give the most attention/credit to. The question I asked myself was "where is God in my respone."
    Was He first, second, where?
    Where were others?
    Was I putting my selfish needs and desires first.
    Was I accepting the credit when it was God's?

    Great thought stirring question Rachel. I know for me that I am happier when I can do for others and not be recognized for it. That hasn't always been the case. So I know that God is working in my life. My prayer is to be more of Him and less of me.

    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.