Friday, November 13, 2009

Noshing and Painting

Hey y'all. I'm flying to Florida today to have lunch tomorrow with 3 or 4 hundred women from Palatka, FL. You know I'm excited! ... just a party looking for a place to happen.

Please pause and pray for this outreach event.

I'll be home in time to attend my own church this Sunday and I'm excited about that too. We're having that guy come who paints to worship songs, or the telling of the story of Christ, and when he's done you see that the evolving painting has turned into a portrait of Christ. He's been all over YouTube - have you seen it? (somebody post a link for me) Anyway, I'm looking forward to this weekend: noshing with some girlfriends in Christ, and watching this guy do his thing.

When I get back I just might put my tree up! Anybody got theirs up yet?

4 comments:

  1. Are you serious about your tree? Really?
    The truth is that we are going to be gone ALL of T'giving and I'm thinking about going there, too, but a little to embarrassed to admit.
    YAY for the girl and food time! WONDERFUL! I will pray for a Godly time; I think if God blesses the time then surely you won't gain any weight. I'm pretty sure that's a Proverb.
    And I HAVE seen that guy on You Tube! AMAZING! The Jesus with thorns that was upside down? Same guy? WOW! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    Praying for safe travels my friend. Prayers have been said for this event and the women there. It sounds amazing. I have seen several of these painters but not sure I have seen this particular one.

    I want some of what your eating if you accomplish all you say this weekend. Girlfriend you have some serious energy, what's the secret.
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your event tomorrow. Just got to the hotel and it's 10pm here, um, that would be 1am in NC!! Going to bed. Tonight went really well and I can't wait to see how God encourages these moms tomorrow in NV and the women there in FL.

    Love you!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tree up yet, but I am entertaining the thought of putting out some Christmas house decorations. Of course I have to dust first.

    I hope your event in Palatka was a blessing to you and them!!!! And enjoy the artist at church tomorrow.

    Love You!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.