Friday, February 13, 2009

When God says, "Be Mine."

God's love is passionate and strong.

Not lukewarm.
Not indifferent.
Not even tame - it's tender, yet fierce.

It burns strong and bright ... fervently ... intimately ... unwaveringly.

It will follow you to the ends of the earth, and your time upon it. In fact, God's love is ETERNAL. Forever unfailing.

This is the love your God has for you. It is with this purpose, this motivation, this conviction, this passion, this essence that He draws you to Himself, choosing to make His dwelling place with you.


"I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.

With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."


~ Jeremiah 31:3



How does that make you feel?

How will you respond?

Where will you draw the line at either receiving or returning that kind of love from Him? Is there any reasonable place to draw such a line?


Or, will you plunge head-over-heels into this Love today and declare:


“My lover is mine, and I am his.”


~ Song of Solomon 2:16



What say you, sweet friend?
Happy Valentine's Day!

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your devotional this morning. I'm asking Him to "BE MINE"...

    :)Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart says, "YES"! Jesus, I am YOURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautifully written and speaks of true love. As someone who has just turned away from a love that should never have been, back to a long-term marriage in deep trouble, this depiction of the pure love God has for me is a comfort to sustain me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome devo today, Rachel!

    And I love how you describe God's love in this post - as both tender and fierce. I'm gonna just receive and revel in that today from Him :)

    Have a lovely weekend! And Happy Valentine's Day!

    Blessings,
    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy day - full of His love for you, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping my blog.Meant a lot to me.I am learning to stop, rest, enjoy and fully cherish the Love of God that is being poured out in my life.

    Sweet Blessings
    Sheena Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog. Lovely Word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words calm my soul.
    Thanks a lot!
    Happy Valentine's day.
    Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes me feel humble, blessed, and comforted all at the same time...:)

    Charles Stanley had a powerful devotion on God's love today too. Here is the link (look for Feb. 13 posting if you don't drop by today). http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/in_touch/

    It makes me cry.

    Have a happy Valentines Day!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is my Lord and Savior. I love Him with all my heart and I know He loves me.
    AliceE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, God shows us the depths of His love for us all. When I experience and see how we treat one another, it saddens me. Examples of this, walking past one another and not speaking, acknowledging another, some would rather look away, look up or down than speak. I know that we all go through things but perhaps just giving thought to how you make another person feel if you take just a moment to speak, nod, smile might uplift that person and even if your acknowledging them doesn't make an impact, God knows your heart. Life is so...short..let's all be kinder to one another. We are to be God's representative. Would He want us to treat each other any other way but in a loving way? Rachel, I loved your devotion. Let's show you love and everyone else we come across... I am so glad God loves me...fiercely my, my, my....what a awesome God we serve.

    Jo-Ann here in Denver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is a new website which is a Christian alternative to MyFace.
    Check it out!

    http://www.faithout.com

    God's blessings to all,
    Karyl
    Bonners Ferry, ID

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.