Sunday, December 21, 2008

Advent Day 22

When I think of Advent, I think of a big wooden door -- like maybe one found on a cathedral, or a monastery, or maybe just an old ancient inn. I imagine Jesus on the other side of it ... knocking.

Revelation 3:20 - “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends."

As I imagine further, my heart beats faster. I picture a key turning the lock ... I hear the lock release ... then I see the knob beginning to turn, and I know that it is the hand of my Lord turning it from the other side. I realize I'm about to come face to face with Him. Can you feel the excitement? That's what Advent is all about! Here are today's readings.

Luke 2:38 (NLT)
She came along just as Simeon was talking with Mary and Joseph, and she began praising God. She talked about the child to everyone who had been waiting expectantly for God to rescue Jerusalem.

Micah 5:2 (NLT)
But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village among all the people of Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these readings Rachel!
    Have a blessed Christmas.
    Love,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Rachel. You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.