Thursday, December 11, 2008

Advent Day 12

When I think of Advent, I think of a big wooden door -- like maybe one found on a cathedral, or a monastery, or maybe just an old ancient inn. I imagine Jesus on the other side of it ... knocking.

My heart beats faster. I imagine a key turning the lock ... I hear the lock release ... then I see the knob beginning to turn, and I know that it is the hand of my Lord turning it from the other side. I realize I'm about to come face to face with Him.

Can you feel the excitement ... sense the anticipation? That's what Advent is all about!

TAC - awesome story!! Thanks so much for posting that. Gratitude and generosity are truly where its at! I've been writing about this in a chapter for my book these past few weeks... and doing a little paying it forward myself. :) I'll have to check out the revolution site.


Pamela - the advent calender pictured below is from Starbucks. They have them in my local cafe. I bet you can order it from their website too.

Now on to today's readings.

Luke 2:17-19 (NLT)
After seeing him, the shepherds told everyone what had happened and what the angel had said to them about this child. All who heard the shepherds’ story were astonished, but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often.

Isaiah 53:1-2 (NLT)
Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed his powerful arm? My servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him.

3 comments:

  1. Dear TAC,

    Thank you for your post yesterday! I went to the site and downloaded the image to print cards. I am so impressed by your story and the others I foudn posted there! This is a wonderful way to spread the joy of God and to truly celebrate what this season is all about. Thank you again!

    And thank you Rachel for your posts and the wonderful community of women you foster in this on-line forum.

    Blessings to all of you,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel-thank you for the response. I'm going on line for that advent calendar!! I imagine scripture in the boxes (with dove chocolate!!. Reading the opening here with these advent post fills me with anticipation for this celebration of Christ. Loving it!!

    In his Graces~Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.