Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve reflections


An angel appeared to Mary and told her, "You are blessed, because you believed that the Lord would do what he said." (Luke 1:45)

Mary responded, "Oh, how I praise the Lord. How I rejoice in God my Savior! For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and now generation after generation will call me blessed. For he, the Mighty One, is holy, and he has done great things for me. His mercy goes on from generation to generation, to all who fear him. His mighty arm does tremendous things!" (vs. 46-51)

So, believing that the Lord will do what He says He will do is the path to an amazing adventure with God. This is true for anyone in any generation who is willing to follow Him with faith. My response to this truth, like Mary's response was, is to rejoice and thank Him today for who He is, for all He does, and for inviting me along to be part of the story.
Merry Christmas from my heart to yours.

3 comments:

  1. It is so humbling to know that the influence we have as mothers stretches from generation to generation. What an awesome gift to be given~! We are blessed with a responsibility to raise children in the light of God's Word, Deed, and Example. For that I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a treasured gift we have from God. So humbling to know how much He loves us. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. The message on Christmas Eve at my church focused on Mary and her response to the angel telling her that she will give birth to the Savior. Wow!!--I just prayed that God will give me the faith like Mary to do what he wants me to do in my life especially if it goes against what the world feels is right. What an amazing God we have.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.